Friday, October 22, 2010

Happy Pumpkin

Happy Friday, everyone! I'm back with another card for Amber Ink. This one features the Happy Pumpkin digi that was offered as a freebie in early October. It was officially released on Wednesday and you can grab this little cutie here!

Several of Alice's posts inspired me to check out this fabulous tutorial on how to leave pieces of your image out of the nestie. After I finished, I realized that it's probably easier and a lot neater if my image only had one piece sticking out. That's why you see jagged tears from me forcing the two parts into the circle before running it through my die cutter. Hey, it was my first attempt and I'm just happy that I finally tried this technique! Next time it will be perfect. ;) After I die cut and coloured the image, I worked on creating a fun but simple background for it. The embellishments were part of my birthday RAK from Angela and the sentiment is from Unity's September KOTM.

Don't forget to play Aloha Friday with Amber Ink! It's fun, easy, and you just might win something! Also, Amber Ink's INKredible 21 Day Challenge is now in full swing. You have until November 10th to enter for your chance to create a set of your very own with the über-talented Amber!

Sources: SU Kraft & Tangerine Tango cardstock; GinaK 120lb pure luxury White and Black Onyx cardstock; Amber Ink Happy Pumpkin; Unity September 2010 Kit of the Month - When I Am With You; Memento Tuxedo Black ink; Copics; Spellbinders Nestabilities Standard Circles Large; QuicKutz Epic Six; Glue Dots minis & pop up relief; May Arts ribbon; Martha Stewart twine

9 comments:

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

This is super cute, Em! I love that black lacey netting stuff behind the pumpkin! Super cool! :)

Vicky Hayes said...

This is lovely! Great moody halloween card lifted by that cute little pumpkin!

Angela said...

Hey, nice background! :) Yet again, another great use of twine. Cute card all around.

Alice said...

this is fabulous, Emily! love the ribbon you used. i think you always get the jagged tear when you try two different out of box parts. that happens to me, too. still haven't come up a good way to avoid that... LOVE your fab card, girl!

Lindsey said...

Awesome card! I'd been meaning to ask if you'd tried that out of the box technique... your first attempt looks just fine! And I love that goth ribbon!

Virginia L. said...

So beautifully done, Emily! Thanks to your post, I learned something new today! Thanks also for dropping by my blog! Saying hi from Waterloo, Ontario!

Karin said...

I LOVE your pumpkin...Too cute! That fabric/netting whatever stuff it is...is SO kewl!!!!

Meg said...

Such a cute lil' pumpkin! I love the out-of-the-box technique, but usually I'm too lazy to do it and just pop my image on top of the nestie. :) Love the fun spider webby ribbon you used!

Unknown said...

Great card.. THANK YOU for sharing!!

Jessica